What's Cooking with Food Delivery?
Each month Comscore creates a Data Insight presentation on a different topic in digital. In this February 2017 edition, the topic is food delivery.
- Online Food Delivery services are being adopted quickly as they make it convenient for consumers to shop on mobile.
- Food Delivery services are reaching 33% more people now than in December 2015.
- The vast majority of Food Delivery visitors are using a mobile device.
- Meal Kit services skew mostly toward Females and older audiences, while Restaurant Delivery skews more toward Male and Female Millennials.
- Online Food Shoppers are 75% more likely to be influenced to purchase a product that was endorsed by a celebrity.
- Competition is high among Meal Kit delivery services, and many are offering incentives to new customers who are presumably comparison shopping.