Comscore Announces Global Panel Now Exceeds 2 Million Consumers
Company Ranks Among Five Fastest Growing Firms in Prestigious “Honomichl Top 50” Report
RESTON, Va., June 24, 2004 – Comscore Networks today announced that its consumer panel has grown to exceed two million participants worldwide, and continues to expand. Using patent-pending measurement technology and full service survey research capabilities, Comscore has emerged as an industry leader by providing unparalleled insight into consumer behavior and attitudes. Comscore’s unique capabilities have helped the company grow to become the 30th largest market research firm in the U.S., as recently reported by the 31st annual “Honomichl Top 50” ranking featured in the June 15 issue of the American Marketing Association’s Marketing News.
“After breaking into the Honomichl Top 50 just two years ago, we’re delighted to have moved up another ten spots in this definitive report on the state of the market research industry,” said Gian Fulgoni, chairman and co-founder of Comscore Networks. “This is clear validation of the outstanding value we have been able to deliver to our clients. As we approach our fifth anniversary, we believe our relentless focus on helping clients grow their businesses, our unsurpassed innovation and the expansion of our global panel will help ensure Comscore’s continued rapid growth in the years to come.”
Comscore continues to build its consumer panel through industry-endorsed methodologies such as random digit dial (RDD) recruitment and compelling membership incentives, including no-cost PC virus protection and other software services. Using this innovative approach, Comscore has developed the most comprehensive source of consumer knowledge, including:
- More than 2 million global consumers now under active measurement
- More than 1.5 million consumers in the U.S. alone, including more than 100,000 at-work panelists (at companies of all sizes) and 40,000 university participants
- Worldwide recruitment using multiple languages including English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Korean and Japanese, with more than 500,000 non-U.S. panelists under measurement
Comscore continues to provide a broader range of consumer insight than any other source:
- Last month alone, Comscore monitored panelists’ visiting behavior across more than 4 million unique Internet domains
- Only Comscore records the full details of actual purchases across tens of thousands of online merchants. Comscore also records non-purchase transactions such as media subscriptions, service applications, configurations of automobiles and PCs, and other types of specialized consumer engagement with Web sites
- Unlike services that rely on online user session or “clickstream” data, Comscore provides commercially meaningful competitive measures such as dollar-based market share, conversion rates, average order values, long-term trial and repeat, and much more
- Operational since 2000, the Comscore database contains years of essential historical information
- Comscore captures and reports online consumer search activity, from keyword submission to results to click-through to transaction capture
- Using its own survey research capabilities, Comscore is able to seamlessly combine behavioral data with consumer attitudes, intentions and other qualitative measures
- Comscore bridges the gap between online and offline channels by integrating offline purchase behavior from a variety of industry-leading sources.
Comscore services are used by hundreds of marketers, including global leaders in diverse industries such as financial services, automotive, retail, travel, telecommunications, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceuticals, media and entertainment. Comscore’s steadfast commitment to delivering outstanding client value is manifest in exceptional client satisfaction levels, with an 87 percent repeat client rate in 2003.
Comscore serves its clients through three focused business groups: Comscore Media Metrix, Comscore Marketing Solutions and Comscore Survey Research.
For more information about Comscore Networks please call 866-638-3835 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
About Comscore Networks
Comscore Networks provides unparalleled insight into consumer behavior and attitudes. This capability is based on a massive, global cross-section of more than 2 million consumers who have given Comscore explicit permission to confidentially capture their browsing and transaction behavior, including online and offline purchasing. Comscore panelists also participate in survey research that captures and integrates their attitudes and intentions. Through its patent-pending technology, Comscore measures what matters across a broad spectrum of behavior and attitudes. Comscore consultants apply this deep knowledge of customers and competitors to help clients design powerful marketing strategies and tactics that deliver superior ROI. Comscore services are used by global leaders such as Microsoft, Verizon, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Knight Ridder Digital, Nestlé, Wells Fargo & Company, GlaxoSmithKline, and Orbitz. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com.
+1 312 775 6510