State of Digital UK 2023
At a time when fast scroll culture dominates social media use, spending more than 2 minutes on a video can feel like a lifetime; viewing a video that is 10 minutes long may well feel like an eternity.
On platforms like Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok, where viewers scroll from one 20-30 second video to the next, creating a 10-minute video seems like a radical move.
Wanting to take on the challenge, Hilton Worldwide hotel group launched the campaign Hilton Stay for 10.
@parishilton The countdown starts NOW! @hilton and I made a 10-minute TikTok that drops in ✨2 DAYS✨ Follow @Hilton to watch it on 2/15 to see me and lots of other creators. You can even enter for a chance to win up to 1M Hilton Honors Points, experiences, swag + more! Will you stay with us? #ThatsHot #HiltonForTheStay #ParisForTheSlay ♬ original sound - ParisHilton
On February 15, 2023, Hilton launched the video itself through in-feed video ads and published the video to its TikTok account @hilton. If the question this campaign raised was what type of content could sustain a short-format audience for a prolonged period, the answer was: highly interactive, with prize draws and a celebrity factor. The play on “what is an ad, what is content” and “will TikTok viewers tolerate “ads” in their feed”, was also handled with levity in a way that felt very native to the platform.
At the start of the video, Paris Hilton challenged viewers to watch the ad for the full 10 minutes. She promised they would be eligible to win Hilton Honors Points, experiences, swags, and more if they stayed for the whole duration...
@hilton Unexpected & amazing things can happen when you stay, and we want you to stay with us for 10 minutes. Yup, we made a 10-minute TikTok AND we're giving away 10M Hilton Honors Points + more. #HiltonStayFor10 #HiltonForTheStay ♬ Hilton's 10-Minute Stay - Hilton
If you’re interested in learning more about best practices for your video content or the latest news in what’s trending in your vertical, please get in touch!
1. Comscore Social Powered by Shareablee, Data Explorer, Metrics & Trends, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Feb 1, 2023- Feb 28, 2023
2. Comscore Social Powered by Shareablee, Content Pulse, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, content mentioning “Hiltonstayfor10” or “Hilton Stay For 10” or “Hiltonforthestay”. Feb 1, 2023- Mar 19,2023
3. Comscore, Media Metrix, Media Trend, Multi-platform, Total Audience 18+, Social Networking Rollup, Jan 2020-Jan 2023
4. Views and engagements data reflects total lifetime numbers on the video. Data is sourced from the TikTok App
5. Comscore Social Powered by Shareablee, Data Explorer, Metrics & Trends, US*All, US** Travel & Leisure- Hotel & Resorts, TikTok, Jan 1, 2023- Mar 22, 2023
6. Comscore, Media Metrix, Media Trend, Multi-platform, Total Audience 18+, Hiltonhonors.com, Jan 2022-Feb 20237. Honigman, Brian. “How TikTok isn’t a social media platform, according to TikTok”. Fast Company. 29 April 2022. Retrieved from https://www.fastcompany.com/90746981/tiktok-social-video
Comscore Media Metrix® Multi-Platform provides an unduplicated view of total audience behavior across desktops, smartphones and tablets.
Request a demo
Comscore Total Digital delivers complete digital intelligence across web, mobile and social with one intuitive, always-on interface.
Request a demo