Vietnam’s Mobile-First Millennials and Multi-Platform Consumption
The emergence of smartphones and tablets, and the subsequent growth in consumption via mobile devices, have dramatically altered the digital landscape in Vietnam. A recent analysis based on data from the Comscore Mobile Metrix® and Comscore MMX™ Multi-Platform services revealed some key findings:
Younger Demographics are Notably Heavy Drivers of Mobile Adoption
- As with other global markets, multi-platform consumption is the new normal in Asia Pacific markets for users of all ages.
- Millennials demonstrate a higher propensity for multi-platform consumption, but also increasingly mobile-only usage.
- Vietnam demonstrates a more heavily mobile-only population than other global and regional markets, particularly among millennials of whom around half access the internet via mobile devices only in a month.
Mobile Entities Now Offer Scale Approaching Desktop
- The growth in consumption on mobile devices shows that audiences for mobile sites are now approaching the scale of even the largest desktop entities.
- For publishers and businesses, this suggests equal importance in tailoring their offer to smaller screens and mobile usage.
- Advertisers now have access to large audiences in new locations and times of day, presenting plentiful opportunities, but also new considerations when managing the reach and frequency of their campaigns.
Function Dictates Choice of Mobile Device
- While smartphone dominates overall share of minutes within the umbrella of ‘mobile’, and increasingly for digital overall, but on a per-user level, tablet devices can offer greater engagement times.
- Tablet is often favoured for more considered, open-ended activities such as browsing travel destinations and newspaper content, whereas more instant activities such as checking sports scores, checking the weather and search often fall to smaller screens.
For more information about Mobile Metrix, please visit www.comscore.com/MobileMetrix.
For more information about MMX Multi-Platform, please visit www.comscore.com/Multiplatform.
For more insights into mobile and multi-platform consumer behaviour in Vietnam, download the full presentation Understanding and Measuring Digital Consumer Behaviour Across Devices in Vietnam.