Comscore Releases the “2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus” Report
Southeast Asian Online Population Up 9 Percent to 62 Million, Outpacing Global Internet Growth Rate by More than 60 Percent
Singapore, July 26, 2013 – Comscore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today released the 2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus report. The report examines how the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, digital advertising, search, social media and e-commerce are defining the current marketplace and what these trends mean for the year ahead. Plus, a special country spotlight covers detailed digital media trends from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
To download a complimentary copy of the 2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus report, please visit: https://www.comscore.com/2013-sea-digital-future-in-focus
Key highlights from the 2013 Southeast Asia Digital Future in Focus include:
- More than 40 percent of global internet users are now based in Asia Pacific with an audience of 644 million. Southeast Asian markets account for approximately 10 percent of the Asia Pacific internet population.
- With 16.1 million monthly internet users, Vietnam now has the largest online population in Southeast Asia.
- Internet users in Vietnam and Thailand, driven in part by their younger populations, spend the greatest amount of time online in the region.
- Multi-platform device usage in Southeast Asia varies significantly by time of day. Desktop internet usage dominates during work hours, while mobile phones and tablets are relatively more popular during the evening hours.
- Facebook continues to be the number one social network across markets in Southeast Asia. The region boasts 3 of Facebook’s top 15 markets ranked by visitor penetration.
- Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr are also gaining popularity in the region as the Social Networking category captures the largest percentage of consumers’ time in the region.
- YouTube ranked as the top Entertainment website in each of the Southeast Asian markets.
Comscore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights into consumers’ web, mobile and TV viewing behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo
Senior Marketing Manager APAC
+65 6221 9100