- June 14, 2017
Each month Comscore creates a Data Insight presentation on a different topic in digital. In this May 2017 edition, the topic is the automotive category.
- The internet has flipped the purchase funnel for car buyers, and mobile has changed that further by making information accessible on the go
- Automotive sites are consumed on both desktop and mobile, yet users tend to visit solely from one platform in the month
- Heavy automotive site users are generally male, affluent and heavy consumers of retail, news and business sites
- Very likely car buyers looking to buy a new car are mostly interested in SUVs, Vans and Hybrids, and they do their research across both manufacturer and resource sites
- TV is still the dominant medium for auto manufacturer advertising, despite very likely car buyers being reachable and connected through a multitude of screens
- Very likely car buyers are connected to their social network, health conscious and cultured in movies, music and art